Latest Team Rankings
Free Text Alerts
|ShopMobileRadio RSSRivals.com Yahoo! Sports|
|College Teams||High Schools|
December 31, 2012
* Clemson had four sacks in the first quarter, the most by the Tigers in a quarter this year. Clemson's high for the year for a game is five against Wake Forest. The Clemson record for a bowl game is seven against Tennessee in the 2003 (season) Chick-fil-A Bowl.
* Clemson trailed 14-13 at halftime, the first time Clemson has trailed at the half this year.
* Clemson scored 13 points in the first half and thus finishes the season scoring at least double figures in the first half in all 13 games this year, a first in Clemson history. The fewest points Clemson scored in the first half this year was 13, in the season opener against Auburn and the season finale against LSU. Both games were in the same facility.
* Clemson had one touchdown rushing and one receiving in the first half. Clemson has had at least one of each in every game this year and the streak is at 15 games in a row over two years.
* Clemson had 18 first downs in the first half and has 327 for the season, a school record.
* DeAndre Hopkins established a Clemson record for reception yardage in a season on Clemson's first touchdown drive of the game in the first period. He had two receptions for 29 yards on the drive to give him 1243 receiving yards for the year. He broke the record of Sammy Watkins, who had 1219 last year. He ended the first half with 105 receiving yards and 1319 for the season.
* This is the third straight game Hopkins has had at least 100 receiving yards in a bowl game, a first in Clemson history.
* Hopkins caught an 11-yard scoring pass from Tajh Boyd in the first half, giving him 10 straight games with at least one touchdown reception. The record of nine in a row had been held by Herman Moore of Virginia in 1990.
* That was also Hopkins 17th touchdown catch of the year, tying an ACC record. He has tied the record of 17 set by Clarkston Hines for Duke in 1989.
* Hopkins seventh catch of the first half was the 200th of his career. He and Aaron Kelly (232) are the only Clemson players with at least 200 career receptions in school history.
* Tajh Boyd had 200 yards of total offense in the first half and now has 4242 going into the second half. He has broken his own Clemson season record (4046 last year) and the 4242 is third best in ACC history.
* Boyd also set the ACC record for touchdown passes in the first half with his 35th of the year. He broke the record of 34 that had been held by Phillip Rivers of NC State in 2003.
* Dalton Freeman started his 49th game at center for the Tigers tonight. That ties the record of 49 starts by Landon Walker, a tackle who played from 2008-2011.
*** To chat with other Clemson fans about this article please visit The West Zone message board.