* Clemson had 487 yards of total offense in the first half, a school record for a half. The previous high was 393 in the second half against Wake Forest in 1981. The Tigers ended the game with 720 yards of total offense, second most in Clemson history. The record is 756 against Wake Forest in 1981.
* This is not the most points Clemson has scored in a half this year. The Tigers had 45 at the half against Ball State in the second game of the season.
* Clemson's 56 points were the most by the Tigers in Wallace Wade Stadium. The previous high was 52 in a 52-22 win in 2000.
* This was just the second game in Clemson history the Tigers had at least 300 yards rushing and 300 yards passing in the same game. The only other time it happened was against Central Michigan in 2007.
* The Tigers had 34 first downs, third most in school history and most since the Tigers had 35 against Central Michigan in 2007.
* This was Clemson's sixth 500-yard total offense game of the season, a school record for a season.
* The 56 points were the most by the Tigers this season and the most since the Tigers had 56 at Maryland last year. Overall it tied for the fifth most points by the Tigers in an ACC game.
* Tajh Boyd tied the Clemson single game record for touchdown responsibility in the first half with his five touchdown passes and one rushing touchdown for a total of six.
* Boyd's 388 yards of total offense is a record for a half in Clemson history. The previous record was 288 by Woody Dantzler in the second half at NC State in 2001. He had a record 517 yards for the game. He finished the game with 416 yards of total offense, 344 passing and a carer high 72 rushing.
* Boyd broke the Clemson career record for touchdown responsibility Saturday when he threw a 58 yard scoring pass to Nuk Hopkins in the first period. He now has 73 for his career.
* Hopkins had three touchdown receptions in the first half. It tied a Clemson record for a game and he tied his own record for a quarter. He had three touchdown receptions in the second period against Ball State earlier this year. He did that in just 8:11. Saturday he scored three touchdowns in 7:47.
* Hopkins became Clemson's career leader and single season leader in touchdown receptions in the first half. He now has 22 TD catches for his career, two more than Aaron Kelly (2005-08) and one more on a season basis than Sammy Watkins had last year.
* Hopkins went over 1000 receiving yards Saturday. He moved ahead of Perry Tuttle (2534) in the first half and needs just 30 receiving yards against Maryland in the second half to go ahead of his uncle, Terry Smith, who had 2681. Hopkins needs just 82 receiving yards against Maryland to break Aaron kelly's record of 2733.
*** To chat with other Clemson fans about this article please visit The West Zone message board.