Clemson has bagged its 12th verbal commitment of the 2007 recruiting class in highly touted jumbo-athlete Brian Linthicum of Charlottesville, Va. – St. Anne's-Belfield.
The 6-foot-4, 225-pound tight end had over a dozen offers, but ultimately decided between Clemson and Cal, making his commitment known at an afternoon press conference today in Charlottesville.
The three-star rated prospect, tabbed by Rivals.com as the No. 15 recruit overall regardless of position in Virginia, took an unofficial visit to Clemson in June, and last week saw Cal-Berkeley.
Earlier this week the Charlottesville standout did take an unofficial visit to Virginia, but the Cavaliers were never a factor in the recruiting process.
Linthicum is the first tight end commit for Clemson in the 2007 class, one of likely two at the position.
Linthicum was recruited by Clemson tight ends coach Billy Napier and graduate assistant Paul Hogan.
Linthicum is a December graduate, so he will plan to enroll at Clemson in January, and will be eligible to participate in spring workouts beginning next March.
Clemson 2007 verbal commitments
1. Willy Korn (QB 6-2, 200) Duncan - Byrnes
2. Jarvis Jenkins (DL 6-4, 290) Central - Daniel
3. Xavier Dye (WR 6-4, 187) Greenwood
4. Wilson Norris (OL 6-5, 320) Pickens
5. David Smith (OL 6-5, 280) Greenville
6. Rennie Moore Jr. (DL 6-5, 260) St. Marys, Ga. - Camden County
7. Landon Walker (OL 6-6, 270) Ronda, NC - East Wilkes
8. Stanley Hunter (LB 5-11, 205) Duncan - James F. Byrnes
9. Scotty Cooper (LB 6-0, 206) Lake City
10. Mason Cloy (OL 6-4, 265) Columbia – Spring Valley
11. Marcus Gilchrist (DB 5-11, 175) High Point, NC – T.W. Andrews
12. Brian Linthicum (TE 6-4, 225) Charlottesville, Va. - St. Anne's-Belfield.